Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sound of Music.

In my attempt to chic up my home I was finding it hard to find the little things to bring it all together. 

So back I went to spotlight to grab some supplies and home I trot to make myself a set of coasters. My poor glass topped coffee table certainly needed something to save it from those nasty coffee rings and sweating water puddles.

Supplies I used:
6 pre-cut wooden coasters
1 piece of sheet music scrap book paper
Mod podge 
Scissors, pencil and glue brush.

The task is pretty self explanatory.
I flipped the paper and traced the coasters onto the back. 

Cut them out, spread glue on the coasters lay the paper on top, cover it all in glue and wait for it to dry.



On some of the coasters I trimmed the paper back so it was flush with the top and others I pushed the paper on to the curved edge with some extra glue. - these are the ones I prefer.


Now these are not water proof. When used under a glass of iced water on a warm day they do tend to get a bit soggy, but if left alone to dry they bounce back fine - they do not recover well from being chewed by the dog so I am down to just 4 coasters now.



I will be linked up at these fab parties:
mop it up mondays 
Semi Homemade Mom


saving4six









Too Much Time On My Hands

4 comments:

  1. Super cute idea, love it!Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana,
      I will pop over and visit your blog.

      Delete
  2. Those turned out really nice! And don't feel bad, my dogs have ate several of my things over the years. :) Thanks for the tutorial!
    -Denise @ myhousemyrules.com

    ReplyDelete