So it took a little longer than a day to get some more paint, but I made it in the end.
I finished the purple colour and then made the decision to lace paint the trunk.
I chopped up some old curtains that the previous owners had in my house.
Using a spray adhesive I sprayed the back of the curtain, let it sit a couple minutes before pressing it onto the trunk.
I then lightly sprayed over the lace with silver/chrome paint and left it to dry before peeling off the curtain.
This was the result....not sure if it will stay this way. The silver is a little more glossy than I would like so it may get a little white wash over the top.
I still need to finish the handles and lock in a silver polish I have..... but it's a tiny tube and it hasn't come out from hiding yet.
So this trunk now sits in my dining area near the back door. It is filling up with lots of goodies and can be dragged along to any task thanks to those fab little wheels.
View part 1 here and maybe one day maybe there will be a part 3.
I may be linked up at these parties.